ENCHANTING INDIAN WEDDING JEWELRY
Every Indian girl imagines her wedding day to be memorable which she will cherish all her life. Indian girls’ bridal trousseau is nothing less than opulent filled with alluring dresses, suits, lehengas and of course jewelry. Indian wedding jewelry for brides is remarkable and is nowhere near to dainty and delicate designs. It is luxurious, opulent, heavy, elaborate, and everything that has to do with the word “GRAND”! You cannot take your eyes off a bride’s magnificent jewelry which adorns her from head to toe. Starting from the maang-tikka, hair accessories to earrings to nath to necklaces to bangles to rings to hand harness to waist belts to anklets to toe rings; every part of the body is decorated in a galore of bridal jewelry. Pure Elegance is proud to bring this rich Indian tradition to women in USA. If you are planning to buy exquisite Indian wedding jewelry for brides online, then our collection from Amrapali will surely make your jaws drop!
TIPS TO CHOOSE INDIAN BRIDAL JEWELRY
Choosing the right kind of wedding jewellery which flatters your face and body is a pre-requisite step to shine like a diamond on your wedding day. Every girl has distinct features and body type which she must keep in mind while selecting the jewelry! Here are some tips which will get you through your bridal jewelry woes.
Face cut and body type: It is important that you keep your face-cut and body type in mind while selecting Indian wedding jewelry for brides.
- For a round face, it is best to choose long necklaces, big nath and maang tikka. Big earrings will give length to your face perfectly. Avoid choker necklaces.
- A heart shaped face has a narrow chin; a stunning choker necklace will give the illusion of roundness. Big earrings like layered jhumka earrings and dangler earrings will further add length to your face.
- For a long face, choker necklaces are the best since they will shorten your neckline and give right proportion to your face. Big stud earrings with a big maang tikka and nath will also add definition to your face.
- Bridal jewelry for oval face-cut is easy to choose and one can pick from a myriad of styles. Whether long or short necklaces, choker necklaces, big earrings or a big maang tikka you can flaunt them all with grace!
While body type is not a major worry point in wedding jewelry, few things a bride should always take care off.
- If you have a big forehead, then you choosing a math-patti is the best option to conceal your forehead. A short forehead looks best with a small round tikka.
- For a girl with a short neck a long or layered necklace is best, if you will wear a choker necklace it will shorten your neck.
- In case you have heavy arms, avoid wearing armlets since they will bring attention to the part.
- For an apple shaped body, it is better to avoid waist belts, since it will draw eyes towards your waist.
Skin tone: There are different kinds of skin tones which must be paid attention to while choosing wedding jewelry. Some women have warm skin tone and some have cool skin tone, depending on your skin tone you can make your jewelry choice more appropriate. To find your skin tone it is best to check your veins if your veins appear blue then you have a cool skin tone and if the veins appear green then you have warm undertones.
For cool skin tone diamond bridal jewelry in gold or platinum will do wonders and will create a dazzling bridal look. A warm skin tone stands out best in gold or kundan or jadau bridal jewellery!
Match with the bridal outfit: Last but not the least it is important to match your bridal jewelry with your lehenga or saree, a mismatch can make your entire bridal look jarring. If your lehenga is adorned with silver embroidery, choose diamond jewelry or kundan polki bridal jewelry to match your outfit perfectly.
If the work on your bridal outfit is in gold zari or gold zardozi embroidery, then traditional gold jewelry or even kundan jadau bridal jewelry will finish your look with finesse.
Keep these tips in mind and you are sure to make your groom go head over heels with your style!
5 TYPES OF INDIAN BRIDAL JEWELRY
When dreaming of your wedding this thought always troubles a bride, “Which type of wedding jewelry will I wear on my big day?” Keeping the above tips in mind, it is time to dig further in the treasure of Indian wedding jewelry!
1. Traditional gold bridal jewelry: Indian gold bridal jewelry is hands down the most popular choice in the country! Beautiful bridal jewelry sets crafted in gold and adorned with gemstones shows the exceptional craftsmanship and the richness of Indian culture. The importance of a wedding day for an Indian bride can’t be denied, she never settles for anything less than opulent and that is what gold jewellery exhibits!
2. Kundan bridal jewellery: Another form of wedding jewelry sets which is getting approval from the modern Indian bride is Kundan bridal jewelry. This jewelry is versatile and matches not just the lehengas but aplenty of other outfits which a newlywed bride can wear after her wedding.
3. Jadau or meenakari wedding jewelry: If you want to stun everyone with your royal bridal look then Jadau jewelry is definitely your choice! The jadau bridal jewelry sets exude oodles of regal charm and opulence with their intricate meenakari work. Convert your royal bridal dreams into a reality with jadau wedding jewelry!
4. Diamond wedding jewellery: Diamonds are a girl’s best friends, yes they are! Diamond bridal jewelry is still not a popular pick for the wedding day. But they are definitely a part of bridal trousseau and a stunning choice for other wedding occasions like engagement, reception, and cocktails. It brings every bit of spark and glam to a bride’s style!
5. Costume wedding jewelry: There is another world of Indian wedding jewelry which is just opposite of the real bridal jewelry and that is costume jewelry. Costume wedding jewelry designs are beyond our imagination! They are actually a replication of the real jewelry; whether you want to wear diamond look-alike jewelry or a kundan replica set or you want to match perfectly with your bridal outfit with matching stone jewellery sets, costume wedding jewelry is available in every possible design under the sun. These days, brides prefer costume or Indian fashion jewelry for their weddings over the real jewelry and they look equally stunning!
BOLLYWOOD BRIDAL JEWELRY FROM AMRAPALI
Exude glamor on your wedding with Bollywood bridal jewellery! Bollywood jewelry designs are worth getting inspired from when it comes to bridal looks. Elaborate your style with exquisite Bollywood wedding jewelry online from Amrapali at Pure Elegance! If it is your mehendi day, keep it minimal with beautiful Amrapali chandbali or statement earrings and wear them with a ghagra skirt and choli to make an effervescent bride-to-be!
Take some cue from Anushka Sharma’s look in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil for your sangeet day and pair a layered pearl and polki necklace with a white shirt and a long gold embroidered skirt for chic and contemporary bridal style.
Want to look like a royalty on your wedding day? Bring a galore of royal grace with traditional Indian gold plated Amrapali jewelry sets and adorn yourself in the style of Devsena from the movie Baahubali, you are sure to leave everyone awestruck with your regal charm! You can also take some style inspiration from Aishwarya Rai’s minimal makeup look in Jodha Akhbar which radiated abundant opulence in layered and heavy kundan polki necklaces sets.
Keep it classy and elegant on your reception with Amrapali silver gold plated zircon necklace. Wear it with aplomb with a gorgeous designer lehenga choli and impress everyone with your bridal radiance!
WHERE TO BUY INDIAN BRIDAL JEWELLERY IN USA?
Tired of running from pillar to post for your Indian wedding jewellery, well Pure Elegance knows what it takes to be a gorgeous Indian bride! Our store in USA brings a charming and exquisite range of Indian bridal jewelry from Amrapali to you in jaw-dropping designs. Amrapali, an Indian luxury jewelry brand leaves no stone unturned in bringing finest Indian craftsmanship to bridal jewelry.
Pure Elegance takes pride in bringing stunning Amrapali wedding jewelry online and in store for women in USA. Stop your hunt and turn your attention to Pure Elegance and you will never be disappointed. Our bridal jewelry collection is available in a myriad of designs from traditional silver gold plated jewelry to kundan necklaces to glass and zircon jewelry in eye-catching designs, our Indian fashion jewelry from Amrapali will turn all your bridal dreams into a reality!