A TALE OF RICH INDIAN EMBROIDERED SAREES
The tale of Indian embroideries is vast and is spread throughout the length and width of the country. Cultural and regional influences in textiles are not only reflected in the rich myriad of fabrics but also in the intricate and delicate hand crafted embroideries on them. Who doesn’t love the needle weaving its exquisite magic with silk threads and sequins? Especially on a saree! Whether you want an exquisite bridal number or a chic gotta patti on crepe, you are never short of choices at Pure-Elegance. Browse through our special catalog online for your choicest Indian embroidered saree and feel like a diva!
5 REASONS TO OWN EMBROIDERED SAREES
Well, there is no reason you should not! An embroidered saree radiates oodles of grace and glamor. Whether you are planning to go to a wedding wearing a luxurious zardozi saree or a party wearing a sequin saree or a family gathering draped in a thread work saree, there is one designer embroidered saree for every affair and place. Embroidered sarees online can spoil you for choice and leave you craving for more. We tell you every possible reason why you should own one!
1. A rich display of Indian craftsmanship: Every Indian woman wants a saree in her wardrobe which tells the story of her culture and roots. From hand to machine embroideries the mélange of embroidered saris is unimaginable. Embroidered sarees with their exquisite eye-grabbing embroideries are stellar choices for your ethnic Indian wardrobe.
2. Embroidered saree for every occasion: Embroidered sarees are not just for formal and wedding occasions but also for casual affairs. There is an ocean of choices in Indian embroideries which offers one saree each for every occasion.
3. Look like million bucks in embroidered sarees: Who doesn’t want to look like a royalty at Indian affairs? Embroidered saree is a quintessential choice for donning an Indian look like a queen.
4. Embroidered saris are a legacy: Indian women love passing their beloved embroidered sarees to the new generation as a legacy or memoir. Mothers give to their daughters or mother-in-laws to their daughter-in-laws to preserve the rich heritage of these extraordinary sarees which they will cherish for a lifetime.
5. Embroidered sarees will never go out of fashion: Our Indian embroideries are culturally so rich they will never lose their charm or go out of fashion. They are timeless and classic which you can wear anytime and anywhere with pride.
25 INDIAN EMBROIDERED SAREES YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT!
Looking into the variety of Indian embroideries on sarees is like looking into an infinite and ever-evolving pool of designs which is mind boggling. Indian designers have outdone themselves by combining their genius minds with cultural and regional inspirations to create immaculate embroidered saris with the finest craftsmanship. Let us hop onto a journey of various embroidered sarees!
Regional embroidered sarees: India is a land of diversity with plenty of regional and cultural influences on textiles, embroideries are no different! Every state in India has something unique and exquisite to offer! Traditional embroideries on sarees mark the specialty of the specific region and look absolutely phenomenal.
1. Phulkari saree: The most famous traditional embroidery from the state of Punjab is Phulkari. It is a beautiful embroidery with distinct floral designs made from colorful threads on a khadi cloth. The embroidery is popularly seen on Punjabi suits and sarees. Phulkari saris are vibrant and one of a kind!
2. Aari work saree: Aari work is a tradition in some regions of Kashmir and Kutch, Gujarat. The embroidery is distinguished by chain stitches with colorful threads which are extensive and detailed. The embroidery is carried out on a frame on which a fabric is stretched. The chain stitching is done with one hand using a needle ending in a hook and the other hand is used to feed thread from below. Aari work sarees are available in a variety of colors and fabrics like cotton, net, organza, georgette to name a few.
3. Kantha-work saree: Absolutely unique and a prominent embroidery from Bengal. If we think of Bengal textiles, Kantha work strikes our mind first. Kantha work sarees are an exceptional example of Bengal craftsmanship using running stitches. The other name is Dorukha which means the designs are visible on both sides and there is no front or back side of this embroidery. Kantha sarees are most commonly available in cotton and silk fabrics.
4. Kasuti-work saree: Kasuti embroidery hails from the state of Karnataka and is extensively used in silk and Kanchipuram sarees. The saree is embroidered with intricate thread work using a single thread. The designs are created without knots so both sides appear same. Intricate motifs are created on Kasuti embroidered sarees including peacock, chariots, elephants, lamps and many more.
5. Kutchi saree: Vibrant and ethnic, Kutchi embroidery is a perfect example of vivacious thread embroidery and defines the signature look of nomad women in the Kutch region of Gujarat. It is also seen in Rajasthan. Kutch embroidered sarees have beautiful patterns of colorful Kutchi embroidery which makes them a stand out amongst all. The embroidery is done using chain stitch with colorful threads and embedded mirror which looks like a bright canvas of colors!
6. Kashida work saree: The Kashmiri Kashida embroidery is done using one or two embroidery stitches. It uses chain stitches to create exquisite designs like birds, creepers, flowers on cotton, silk and wool fabrics. The embroidery is an important part of Kashmiri textiles and seen on scarves, stoles, shawls and home furnishings. The colors used are white or off-white mostly but these days a variety of colors are used to create patterns. Kashida embroidery sarees are created on fabrics like silks, crepes and even wool using colorful threads.
7. Chikankari saree: Think of Lucknow and the vision of stellar and intricate Lucknowi chikan embroidery flashes across our minds! Chikankari is one of the most known embroideries in India and designers have used this exquisite embroidery to create some really splendid designer embroidered saris. The embroidery uses white thread to fabricate magnificent designs on fabrics like cotton, voile, white muslin and Georgettes. Chikankari sarees are immersed in gorgeous and intricate embroideries on light or pastel colors fabrics but they are also available in dark colors these days.
8. Gotta Patti saree: Gotta patti work is synonymous with the city of Jaipur, Rajasthan. The embroidery is done with gold or silver thread in appliqué design. Beautiful floral designs are created and zari ribbons are used to sew the edges of the appliqués to the fabrics. Gotta Patti saris are vibrant and a traditional drape in Rajasthan worn on many occasions.
9. Mirror-work saree: Another embroidery from Rajasthan which is also seen in Gujarat is mirror-work. The mirror work is laid with colorful threads and is used in home furnishings, lehenga choli, suits, and sarees. It is done using hands as well as a machine. Mirror work saree is not only alluring but also an exclusive designer wear in an Indian wardrobe!
10. Designer Embroidered Sarees: These sarees are exquisite and created by designers in opulent designs. The embroideries have been used for ages by artisans to build most intricate and luxurious silhouettes like lehengas, suits, and sarees.
11. Applique saree: Applique or patch work is a design in which patch of cloth or embroidery cut in different shapes is sewn over a fabric. In appliqué sarees different designs like flowers, creepers, and birds are sewn by hand or machine over the saree fabric which gives it a texture and dimension.
12. Lace saree: Lace sarees are embedded with either overall floral design over a net or they are ornated with beautiful cotton, silk or embroidered laces on the border which adds an alluring texture to the sari. Lace sarees online are elegant and classy and make a great choice for various occasions.
13. Thread-work saree: Apart from the regional thread work used in various embroideries, designer sarees are decorated with machine or hand thread work from simple florals to most detailed paisley designs. Thread work sarees are a perfect pick for women who want to avoid heavy embellished saris.
14. Sequin saree: Sequin sarees are all about glamor, the sarees are embellished with detailed sequin work and will make you shine like a star no matter what the occasion is! They are a head-turning choice for parties and cocktails.
15. Mukesh Saree: Mukesh work is scattered like small pieces of metal on a sari or any fabric. The metal pieces give the illusion of sequins spread across the saree. The embroidery is from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh and is seen in a variety of silhouettes including suits, sarees and lehengas. Mukesh work saris are one of a kind, often Mukesh work is used to highlight Lucknowi chikan embroideries.
16. Tikki-work saree: These sarees have scattered sequins or tikki in their design. The sarees have a designer appeal and tikki embroidery adds a fine detail to the sari design.
17. Stone-work saree: Stonework adds glitz to any ordinary sari, they are a popular choice with women for parties and weddings. The stone work sarees online are available in a variety of light to heavy designs and give a celebratory feel to your look.
18. Swarovski-work saree: Add sparkle to your Indian ethnic look with Swarovski work saris. The designer sarees are embellished with beautiful Swarovski work crafted with finesse and are a great pick for ravishing party style.
19. Pearl saree: The pearl embroidery is one of the most widely used embroideries in bridal silhouettes. The bridal sarees are adorned with fine pearl work and look utterly exquisite. Pearl embroidered sarees are an impressive pick for parties and weddings.
20. Beaded work saree: Fine beads are crafted over designer bead work sarees to create magnificent and elaborate embroideries. The beads are often used in combination with sequins, zardozi and other embroideries to add opulence to the sari design. Bridal sarees are also adorned with bead work for creating exquisite designs.
21. Foil-stamp saree: Foil stamp sarees look stylish and are easy to carry. They are versatile and can be worn on weddings, festivals, parties or family occasions. The sarees are ornated with foil stamp work which can be gold or silver and is transferred via heat onto the saree.
22. Zardozi-work Saree: A luxurious and bespoke embroidered saree has to be a zardozi embroidery saree. The outstanding art saw its peak during 17th century during the regime of Mughal ruler, Akbar. Designers like Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Anju Modi use zardozi work extensively in their creations for splendid designs. It is gold embroidery done using metallic threads. Real gold and silver threads are often used to craft designer zardozi sarees. Zardozi sarees are an essential part of a bridal trousseau and add royalty to a bride’s style.
23. Dabka-work Saree: The Dabka work comes from the state of Rajasthan and nearby areas. The intricate designs are created using needle and thread. It is done on chiffon and silk with zari threads. A variety of elaborate designs including floral motifs, paisleys, peacocks, and creepers are created on Dabka embroidery sarees which show the amount of skill and craftsmanship that goes into its making.
24. Kundan work saree: Kundan work is the rich display of gemstones on fabrics. The kundan stones ornate the saree with elaborate designs; making it a crisp choice for weddings. The kundan stones are combined with gold threads to create design patterns on Kundan work sarees. The embroidery not only makes the saree attractive but also adds a designer feel.
25: Cut-work saree: Cutwork sarees are unique and something not spotted commonly. It involves detailed craftsmanship to create beautiful cutwork patterns on the sarees. Cut work is usually done on the border which adds a dimension and texture to the saree; it almost looks like a lace attached to a designer saree.
BOLLYWOOD STYLE EMBROIDERED SAREES FOR VARIOUS OCCASIONS
Want to look like a Bollywood diva in your saree! We bring you exclusive designer embroidered sarees online at Pure Elegance for every occasion and place. Pick your favorite embroidered saris and glow like a star. Draw inspiration from the styles of Deepika Padukone, Sridevi, Anushka Sharma and Rani Mukherjee for an impeccable saree statement.
Embroidered sarees for party and family occasions: Make those eyeballs roll with a stylish cream sequin border saree with an embroidered blouse. The saree is understated yet has a celebratory feel to it. Do not go overboard with jewelry, a pair statement earrings is enough to make you shine!
For a sudden invite to a family get together pick blue Lucknowi chikan embroidered sari with a contrasting peach designer blouse. Simple saree to define your elegance!
Embroidered sarees for festivals and puja: Add a beautiful touch to your Indian ethnic look on festivals with a graceful red gotta patti saree. Adorn your look with traditional chandbaali earrings and some bangles and let the festivities begin!
For a puja, keep your saree look simple and graceful; pick a traditional vibrant color thread work saree. Wear bindi and silver gold plated jhumki earrings to don an alluring Indian look!
Embroidered sarees for engagement: Make your special day more special with a gorgeous pink designer embroidered saree highlighted with gold and silver work. Drape it in Nivi style and keep your hair open with soft makeup. You are sure to stun everyone with soft bridal style!
Embroidered sarees for weddings and reception: Embroidered saris make an impressive choice for a guest wedding or reception style. Break the rules with this exclusive white designer embroidered saree with floral print and zardozi work border to add that extra edge to your Indian style. This one of a kind saree will make you a stand out in the crowd!
Embroidered sarees for brides: For a bride, a rich embroidered silk saree with a dupatta is hands down the best pick for her wedding day. Pair your saree with traditional gold or kundan jewelry with a bindi and radiant makeup and make your big day memorable.
A bride’s saree collection shows her classy taste for Indian aesthetics; make your bridal trousseau exquisite by adding some beautiful embroidered sarees with heavy zardozi work. Keep your collection versatile by including heavy to light embroidered sarees to be occasion ready always!
BUY LATEST EMBROIDERED SAREES ONLINE IN USA
If you looking for exquisite designer embroidered sarees in USA, then Pure Elegance is the place for you! Our store in USA brings exclusively curated stylish Indian embroidered sarees online for you. We have a myriad of jaw-dropping designs which will make your shopping experience one of a kind.
From beautiful handcrafted royal zardozi work sarees for weddings to classy sequin work sarees for parties to elegant thread work sarees for family occasions, we have got all for you. Browse through our collection of embroidered saris online in USA to choose which fits the best for your occasion. At Pure Elegance, we strive to bring the best designs, fine quality from India to women in USA. A solution to your Indian fashion woes, we know Indian ethnic fashion like no one does. Stop your tiring hunt for sarees in USA and visit us to find out what we have in store for you!